If you are currently a ScrumMaster, Product Owner or Development Team Member on a real world Scrum team and want to learn more about practicing scrum, I can help.
Do you want to become an effective Agile Scrum Team Member?
Practicing Scrum: Effective Teams
An effective Agile Scrum team is made up of three primary roles.
And. An effective practicing scrum team keeps things simple.
The entire teams needs to Focus and #deliver the highest priority work while keeping it simple (review the cartoon above).
Practicing Scrum: “Pro Tips”
Here are a few role specific professional tips to remember so you can become even more effective when practicing Scrum:
Practicing Scrum: Product Owner
- An effective Agile Scrum Product Owner will:
- Available: 100% with no multi-tasking
- Knowledgable: Understand the needs of your end users
- Authority: to say “NO”
- If you are not have all three of these attributes, work with your effective Agile Scrum team in order to have all three.
- Any one of the three missing is a disservice to the organization.
Practicing Scrum: Development Team Member
- This does not just mean being a “geeky” person who writes cod
- You are responsible for committing to the work
- Negotiate “done” with the Product Owner
- Focus and deliver a working product at the end of each Sprint.
Practicing Scrum: ScrumMaster
- You have zero authority
- You are not accountable for delivery of the project
- Learn more about effective facilitation and negotiation skills
- Become a servant leader.
Bonus Video Links
The following external video links are five great videos for Agile Scrum Product Owners, Development Team Members and ScrumMasters in order to become a more effective practicing scrum team.
You can share these short videos with your team (during a retrospective!) to discuss how to become an even more effective Agile Scrum team.
- Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts
- Bene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- David Marquet: “Greatness“
- Daniel Pink: Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
Practicing Scrum: How to become an effective Agile Scrum Team Member
- Listen to the the Scrum Guide audio book
- Review the blog (and cartoons)
- Discuss team issues at AfterScrumTraining.com
- Join our private team ($$) at AgileMentoring.com
- Network for new opportunities at RealScrumJobs.com.
Please send me your first name and e-mail. In return you will receive a free video & valuable regular updates you can use in the real world when Implementing Scrum.
Interested in a Conversation?
Take a look around ImplementingScrum.com. Learn more. Start changing your perspective now and…