If you are currently a ScrumMaster, Product Owner or Development Team Member on a real world Scrum team and want to learn more about practicing scrum, I can help.
Do you want to become an effective Agile Scrum Team Member?
Practicing Scrum: Effective Teams
An effective Agile Scrum team is made up of three primary roles.
And. An effective practicing scrum team keeps things simple.
The entire teams needs to Focus and #deliver the highest priority work while keeping it simple (review the cartoon above).
Practicing Scrum: “Pro Tips”
Here are a few role specific professional tips to remember so you can become even more effective when practicing Scrum:
Practicing Scrum: Product Owner
- An effective Agile Scrum Product Owner will:
- Available: 100% with no multi-tasking
- Knowledgable: Understand the needs of your end users
- Authority: to say “NO”
- If you are not have all three of these attributes, work with your effective Agile Scrum team in order to have all three.
- Any one of the three missing is a disservice to the organization.
Practicing Scrum: Development Team Member
- This does not just mean being a “geeky” person who writes cod
- You are responsible for committing to the work
- Negotiate “done” with the Product Owner
- Focus and deliver a working product at the end of each Sprint.
Practicing Scrum: ScrumMaster
- You have zero authority
- You are not accountable for delivery of the project
- Learn more about effective facilitation and negotiation skills
- Become a servant leader.
Bonus Video Links
The following external video links are five great videos for Agile Scrum Product Owners, Development Team Members and ScrumMasters in order to become a more effective practicing scrum team.
You can share these short videos with your team (during a retrospective!) to discuss how to become an even more effective Agile Scrum team.
- Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts
- Bene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- David Marquet: “Greatness“
- Daniel Pink: Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
Practicing Scrum: How to become an effective Agile Scrum Team Member
- Listen to the the Scrum Guide audio book
- Review the blog (and cartoons)
- Discuss team issues at AfterScrumTraining.com
- Join our private team ($$) at AgileMentoring.com
- Network for new opportunities at RealScrumJobs.com.
Get regular updates about Implementing Scrum in the real world delivered directly to your inbox. No spam. No crap. Just real information you can use today!
Interested in a Conversation?
Take a look around ImplementingScrum.com. Learn more. Start changing your perspective now and…