If you are currently interested in starting Scrum in your organization, I can help.
Do you want to learn about Starting Scrum in your Organization?
Starting Scrum: Go
Here is the easiest thing for you to do today.
Really. It’s that simple. Get started.
Oh. And FINISH what you start.
Starting Scrum: “Pro Tips”
Here are a few professional tips to remember when starting Scrum:
- Scrum is not an acronym for anything and Scrum is not a “Silver Bullet“.
- While the word Scrum comes from the sport Rugby, there is nothing violent in the real world of implementing Scrum on your projects.
- There is a real world difference between the words “Scrum” and “Agile.” Don’t worry about that right now.
- Scrum is not about technology or agile tool vendors trying to make you Agile.
- Do not try Enterprise Scrum if you cannot implement Scrum with one team yet.
- Scrum sounds like a pretty funny word, huh?
- Scrum is all about communication between people. And. It starts with some difficult conversations about prioritization.
- You — or your boss and organization — cannot try “Managing Scrum.”
Starting Scrum: How to get started
- Read the AgileManifesto (and come back!). This is where it all began.
- Listen to the the Scrum Guide audio book
- Read “The New New Product Development Game” (1986, Harvard Business Review)
- Review — and share — ScrumForSoftware.com if you are using Scrum for Software Development
- Review the blog (and cartoons)
- Investigate your Certified Scrum Training options.
Please send me your first name and e-mail. In return you will receive a free video & valuable regular updates you can use in the real world when Implementing Scrum.
Interested in a Conversation?
Take a look around ImplementingScrum.com. Learn more. Start changing your perspective now and…