If you are currently interested in starting Scrum in your organization, I can help.
Do you want to learn about Starting Scrum in your Organization?
Starting Scrum: Go
Here is the easiest thing for you to do today.
Really. It’s that simple. Get started.
Oh. And FINISH what you start.
Starting Scrum: “Pro Tips”
Here are a few professional tips to remember when starting Scrum:
- Scrum is not an acronym for anything and Scrum is not a “Silver Bullet“.
- While the word Scrum comes from the sport Rugby, there is nothing violent in the real world of implementing Scrum on your projects.
- There is a real world difference between the words “Scrum” and “Agile.” Don’t worry about that right now.
- Scrum is not about technology or agile tool vendors trying to make you Agile.
- Do not try Enterprise Scrum if you cannot implement Scrum with one team yet.
- Scrum sounds like a pretty funny word, huh?
- Scrum is all about communication between people. And. It starts with some difficult conversations about prioritization.
- You — or your boss and organization — cannot try “Managing Scrum.”
Starting Scrum: How to get started
- Read the AgileManifesto (and come back!). This is where it all began.
- Listen to the the Scrum Guide audio book
- Read “The New New Product Development Game” (1986, Harvard Business Review)
- Review the blog (and cartoons)
- Investigate your Certified Scrum Training options.
Get regular updates about Implementing Scrum in the real world delivered directly to your inbox. No spam. No crap. Just real information you can use today!
Interested in a Conversation?
Take a look around ImplementingScrum.com. Learn more. Start changing your perspective now and…